Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sweet Home Alabama

 

I left Fairhope, AL and headed out into Mobile Bay. It was a clear 40 degree morning with a calm bay. We then left the bay and onto the ICW and continued to the Wharf Marina at Orange Beach, AL. 

I thought we'd be in Florida by now but we have been having a mix bag of cold, rain and wind. 

So we have been spending several days waiting out the weather here in Alabama. Boaters are backed up all along the Florida panhandle waiting on a good weather window to proceed further east or cross the gulf.
With my extra time here, I got to experience Lamberts Café in Foley, AL. They’re known for their “throwed rolls". You will not walk away hungry. http://www.throwedrolls.com/

A great blue heron thinks he's dockmaster and squawks at everyone.
















Where I’m docked I had a view of the intracoastal waterway and have watched the barge traffic. 

The other night I returned to the boat to find a 120’ motor yacht, Freedom, blocking my view. 

It’s a charter that you can check out at http://www.comeaboardfreedom.com/. Freedom is available for a rate of $74,500/wk, all-inclusive, or a non-inclusive rate of $64,500/wk plus all expenses.

   Boat envy


   A boaters Thanksgiving dinner at Ginny Lane restaurant.